If you plan on changing your usual black or brown mascara then chose one depending on your eye color and the time of day you're going to use it.For a party you can go crazy with any color you want but for a day look chose a more subtle one.Although it looks great and it makes your eyes pop I don't recommend to wear it at your daily office job.
Chose your shadeThe safest way you can experiment with a colored mascara on your pretty eyelashes is by using a blue shade.It looks good on everyone, even if you're a blonde or a brunette.Just think how beautiful would look turquoise blue lashes with light blonde hair!
A purple shade flatters most skin tones and it looks good especially on brown and hazel eyes because it emphasizes the green tones in your eyes.
You can even go for a bold green shade on your mascara or why not a pink/fuchsia if you dare.
Yves Saint Laurent mascara / Yves Saint Laurent mascara / Yves Saint Laurent mascara / Yves Saint Laurent mascara
Tips for wearing bright mascara:
- use an eyelash curler before applying mascara (you should do this no matter the color for a bigger effect)
- apply it only at the tips of your lashes for a subtle effect
- for a crazy party you can go bold by using one color on top lashes and a different one on the bottom
- for a deep color apply two coats of mascara and allow lashes to dry before the second coat
- use a black liner to add contrast and emphasize the color of the mascara or use neutral eyeshadow tones
- if you just want to see how you'd look with colored mascara you can apply your normal mascara and before it dries out add colored eyeshadow with a brush on top of you eyelashes while looking down
Have you ever tried colored mascara on your lashes?Do you like it?